Revised Agenda and Chair confirmed for 2016/ 17
Dear fellow Ropewalks residents & friends,
Thursday’s Ropewalks Residents’ Association AGM saw a lively debate confirming a new agenda for 2016/ 17 and Peter Schriewersmann confirmed as Chair for another year.
Looking ahead, we will focus on the following areas:
– Provide ongoing support to residents and the CIC (made up of various local stakeholders, incl us as residents);
– Collaborate with local business (incl the night-time economy) to resolve any issues early and amicably;
– Engage with organisations such as Liverpool City Council and Merseyside Police, to further reduce anti-social behaviour, support community initiatives, etc.;
– Further shape the area, by guiding key groups such as the BID (Business Improvement District) and participating in key consultations, including the Liverpool local plan, Ropewalks vision and the Ropewalks highway review (which includes the implementation of a Zebra crossing on Duke St, corner Colquitt St);
– Work on concepts and solutions for the ongoing homelessness, street drinking and begging crisis;
– Support concepts (incl our regular Ropewalks Clean-Up) and guide Liverpool City Council to improve the rubbish & recycling, as well as pavement quality issues in certain hotspots throughout the Ropewalks.
We will also liaise with Liverpool City Council on the fair and appropriate use of the newly agreed Late Night Levy and further improve our links with the local Student population.
I hope, that you feel like being part of this exciting journey – please sign up to our newsletter via the contact form or by e-mailing us on email@example.com
Thanks and best regards,
Chair of the Ropewalks Residents’ Association